Monday, December 15, 2008

Bobos' Yarn With P.Leke Johnson

Q: I stay with my mum and my step father but they quarrel so much about me. Anything about me gets him angry; anything bought for me also gets him angry. At times, the quarrel may make him send us out of the house and later he would come and apologise. He talks as if my future depends on him. He would tell me that when I finish secondary school, I would go and work. My mum grows lean each time they have such quarrels. I feel that if I’m not there, every thing will be ok between them but I don’t know where to go. Even my mum doesn’t know where to take me to. Please I need your advise because I don’t feel comfortable being the cause of their quarrels.
A:
I commend you for knowing you need to seek counsel, and Godly one too for this delicate matter. Now, you need know that you are not the cause of the problem between your mum and step dad and your life and future does not depend on them or anyone else, but on God.
From statistics, it has been discovered that those who are exceptionally great in this life are those that life has hardly given the opportunity to live in this life at all, so I am sure God has put so much in you that this world is waiting for and the devil doesn’t want that, so he must devise his own means at stopping you from reaching the world.
Let us find out what exactly are the things that get your step dad angry with or about you? Are they things you can change? Like a habit, or is it by just seeing you? If it is the former, then, let’s work at changing those things for good, but if it is the latter, you might need to reduce his seeing you to the barest minimum so as not to spark those angry sessions again. For example, is your biological dad still alive? If yes, are you sure you wont want to go stay with him, at least, if that alternative is available? Your mother’s health is also a matter to put in mind, you need all the people who can support you still living for you.
For this world to stand at attention when one day you share your story on how you walked the rough roads to success and victory, you need to equip yourself with as much education as you can grab, if not right away, then gradually, as the opportunity unfolds. If the need arises, tell your mother to let you shuttle between school and work to be able to raise enough money for your school after secondary school if she can’t do it on her own and she won’t want to ask your Step Dad.
Meanwhile, you need a lot of patience, perseverance and inputting the very nature of God in yourself, so that when you start unfolding, it will be unto joy and you won’t be ashamed at all. Remember, store good things only in your spirit and soul, no matter what; it will help you grow and attain your goals fast. So, no bitterness, no anger, no hate and no regret anymore. See your life as a whole story, not the unpleasant and harsh bits and pieces you see now. It is the whole story that counts. See you at the top. Ciao.

You have questions you want to let out of your heart, right? Send an e-mail to questionsofmine@yahoo.com and indicate if you want the question(s) addressed personally or through the magazine.

No comments: