Monday, August 18, 2008

Bobos' Yarn With P.Leke


Q: I was once a very fervent Christian. That was when I was 7 yrs old. During that period, I even heard the voice of God directly. Now I don’t know what is happening. I am totally in the world. When I try going back to God, I keep failing. I don’t know what is happening. It’s as if God does not even want to hear my voice at all. Please I want you to help me with this as fast as possible. I don’t want to perish in hell. Please.

A: I heartily congratulate you on this self discovery you have made. I’m glad you know that you need God more than you have Him now. I’m sure God allowed you to have the experiences you had as a seven year old boy because of what He knew you would go through at this time - so you would know that a deeper fellowship with Him is possible.
Firstly, I would want you to determine in your mind to get back to that level of fellowship you once had with God and even go beyond that. You have to take it gradually, as I don’t know exactly how old you are now and how long you’ve had to stay away from Him. It is not going to be spontaneous or automatic; you would have to patiently grow into that love walk back with Him.
This means that you might fall sometimes just like you said, but with determination added to sincere childlike prayers (childlike ‘cause you are still but like a 7-year old in your walk with Him), express yourself like you used to when you were that young, and wait on Him. Fast if you can. Just do all you can. Read His word. Yes! Do that a lot ‘cause that is the easiest way to hear Him speak to you and to know His mind concerning the right things to do (Psalms 119). Pray hard and frequently too, in tongues if you can. It speeds up your ability to hear God.
I am totally sure if you do all these consistently and persistently, you would start hearing Him and speaking with Him more than you were doing before, because I know He is waiting to do just that too. Remember, a saint is a sinner who fell and didn’t stay there, but got up. Get up today and see you in heaven by His grace. Shalom!

You have questions you want to let out of your heart, right? Send an e-mail to questionsofmine@yahoo.com and indicate if you want the question(s) addressed personally or through the magazine.

No comments: