Friday, May 1, 2009

Teen Celebrity

Can we meet you?
I am Ejimbe Queen Nkiru. I’m eighteen years old. I’m from Nnewi in Anambra state. I’m the fifth of seven children; fourth of five girls.

What is your current status?
I’m an OND holder, waiting to go back to school.

What church do you attend and what’s your involvement there?
I attend St. Jude’s Anglican Church, Calabar. I’m the assistant welfare officer for the youth fellowship and I’m one of the teachers in the teenage church.

When did you give your life to Christ?
That was on the 24th of February, 2006.

What spurred your decision?
I went for a youth conference and the altar call was somewhat directed at me and I came out.

How has it been since then?
It’s been great knowing God more; going higher and higher.

Did anything in your life change as a result of your conversion?
Yes, many things changed. My relationship with God became stronger and better. My looks changed; my way of dressing, my nails, make-up, flashy outfits and more. They all changed. I stopped wearing spagh tops, trousers and dresses that were revealing.
I realized my dressing speaks much about me as a Christian. My main reason for stopping my wearing of trousers was because it’s controversial; some say it’s right while some say it’s wrong. So, it’s not about being right or wrong, but how am I showcasing myself as a Christian to the world?

Have you had special occurrences in your walk with God?
Yes, I have. There was a time I was going home; I just had N120 on me. I saw some children that didn’t have much on them to take them home. I felt led to give them N100, not knowing how I would get home. I kept walking and God provided a free ride for me; it was amazing.
There was another day I got home and discovered my mum had been rushed to the hospital. They were preparing food for her and deciding who would go stay with her in the hospital. So, I went into the room and started praying.
Somehow, I had this burden in my heart and I kept praying that she won’t spend the night in the hospital. And before I finished praying, I heard a knock on the door and it was my mum. She had been discharged.


How have these helped your faith?
These experiences, amongst others, have strengthened me more and helped me believe in God’s ability to do absolutely ALL things.

You earlier mentioned waiting to go back to school. What do you want to study in the university?
I want to study English Education.

Why is that?
I want to go into the education sector so I can change things there. I desire to own a school and take care of children through that means.

Does that mean you have a passion for children?
Kind of. I have a ministry to students within the teen age.

That’s good. Please tell us more about yourself.
I’m easy going. I rarely get angry. When I’m given a task to do, I like doing it immediately; don’t like procrastinating things. I also love interacting with people and dislike people lying to me.

What are your hobbies?
I love watching football, acquiring and reading Christian literatures and other good books.

What makes you different from other teenagers?
The vision I carry; my purpose and dream in life. These set me apart. I see myself having a foundation for teenagers, having something like a talk show, the likes of Oprah and Tyra Banks, but godly and strictly for teenagers.
I also know I’m going to become the minister of education and would change things and help those who merit things to have them.

Wow, impressive! Any advice for fellow teenagers reading this?
Build your self esteem, know who you are and don’t let anybody push you around. Please get committed to God and abstain from sexual immorality.

Thank you Nkiru. It was a pleasure interviewing you.
Thank you too.


Is there something very unique about you or that you’ve achieved and you want to be interviewed on this magazine or you have a teenage friend who you know is very special and should be interviewed, please send the name(s) and contacts (e-mail and phone number) to us at justaboutmine@yahoo.com We’ll get back to you and after listening to you, you might just be chosen as our next Teen Celebrity.

No comments: